Why should you apply keratin treatment on your hair? Even though keratin protein is naturally found in your hair, but you need more of it so as to make your hair healthier, shinier and straighter. The keratin treatment can replace your lost keratin to straighten your hair and minimize frizz, making it look radiant and smooth. Keratin treatments are typically done in a salon. However, if you don’t have enough money then you can do your own keratin treatment at home. There is a multitude of keratin treatment products that are available. However, their formulations and durations usually vary. Keratin treatments work by implanting keratin protein into your hair to make it look smooth and straight for several months. Some products include formaldehyde, which is a certain chemical that can offer more permanent outcome. Regardless of what keratin hair treatment you choose, it is significant that you follow the instructions accurately in order to enjoy its maximum results.
Top Things To Consider When Choosing Keratin Treatment
At home keratin treatment is great but keep in mind that choosing the right product is likewise essential. Here are some things that should be scrutinized.
- Hair Type – Customarily, keratin treatments are safe for any type of hair regardless if you have bleached or color-treated hair. A keratin treatment can straighten your hair, thus, it will likely affect your curls and waves. If you do not want to change your hairstyle then go for a formula that is not too strong. On the other hand, if you have a thick and curly hair then the best choice is a stronger formula.
- Cost-Effectiveness – In order to determine which one is the best, try to consider the quality and ingredients of the product as well as what consumers have to say. Be sure to get a product that has a good value for your money.
- Formulation – Keratin treatment products are utilizing potent chemicals this is why it emanates a strong smell. Before starting the process, always ensure that your room is well-ventilated. Most importantly, choose a product that is formaldehyde-free in order to avoid any detrimental effects.
We’ve put together a list of some of the best keratin treatments to help you determine which product is right for you!
Best Keratin Treatments Quick Overview
Keratin Treatments Reviews
1. Keratin Research Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatment
Keratin Hair Treatment With Moroccan Argan oil is very easy to use. It uses the most advanced formula that can smoothen, straighten, condition, strengthen and even repair your hair in a flash. It has intense conditioning that can repair your hair from the inside-out. As a result, your hair will become flexible, bouncy, soft and naturally radiant. Unlike other products, you don’t have to wait for three days since you can wash your hair the next morning in order to free yourself from any discomforts. Aside from Argan oil, it also contains coconut oils, proteins as well as amino acid complexes to make your hair shiny and healthy all the time.
2. Gold Label Professional Keratin Treatment
This is the best keratin treatment for long, curly or unrefined hair. It uses a stronger formula compared to other products to give you the finest results. It contains vital oils such as Argan, Jojoba and avocado oils, which can effectively protect and hydrate your hair. Unfortunately, this product is only available in a large bottle, however, it can be used for many treatments. The only drawback of this product is its strong scent so be sure to ventilate your home when doing your keratin treatment.
3. Global Keratin Color Protection Moisturizing Shampoo
Global Keratin Color Protection Moisturizing Shampoo uses Juvexin, which can effectively protect and hydrate your hair. The best thing about this product is that it does not contain any sodium chloride and harsh sulfates which can lessen the natural keratin of your hair. After the treatment process, you can enjoy a silky and soft hair that is easy to manage and style. Your hair will become stronger and will not easily be prone to breakage and damage. One of its best features is its fresh fragrance.
4. Moroccan Keratin Most Effective Brazilian Keratin
The Moroccan Keratin Most Effective Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatment consists of multiple products to guarantee you with a straight, soft and shiny hair. This keratin hair treatment set includes a pre-wash shampoo, an aftercare shampoo, and conditioner as well as the keratin solution. Before doing the treatment process, you need to wash your hair with the pre-wash shampoo to make sure that it is completely clean. The keratin solution contains keratin and Moroccan argan oil to protect and strengthen your hair during the treatment process. The aftercare shampoo is specifically created for your heated hair. Moreover, the conditioner enhances the moisture and radiance of your hair, best of all it does not have any harsh sulfates.
5. Nunaat Naat Brazilian Keratin Leave-In Reconstructor
Nunaat Naat Brazilian Keratin Liquid Keratin Leave-In Reconstructor is what you need in making your hair soft and frizz-free. With this product, you don’t have to blow-dry or iron your hair for several days. Managing your hair will never be a problem plus your hair will become stronger, lighter and not prone to any damage. Anyone can use this product since it is designed for all types of hair. It does not contain any formaldehyde and sodium chloride so you can guarantee that the natural health of your hair is revived.
6. Instanatural Keratin Hair Mask Treatment
Instanatural Keratin Hair Mask Treatment is the best product that can provide you with straight and smooth hair. Contrary to other products, Instanatural Keratin utilizes a gentle formula which is ideal for those who have delicate hair. It does not have a strong smell. Additionally, aside from keratin it also contains coconut, jojoba, almond, and argan oil which can give you a healthy hair. This product can be used for any type of hair but may not last long if you have thick hair.
7. Lanza Keratin Healing Oil Hair Treatment
Lanza Keratin Healing Oil Hair Treatment is one of the most affordable keratin treatments. It consists of powerful keratin proteins that can repair any damaged hair to enhance its elasticity and strength. The Phyto IV Complex can help in making your hair super smooth, soft, moisturized and lively. Consumers who have used this product alleged that it is great in reducing frizz and improving luster. This product is very easy to use, just apply it on damp hair and you can instantly obtain great results.
8. Keratin Express Daily Keratin Smoothing Treatment
The Keratin Express Daily Keratin Smoothing Treatment does not have a strong smell since it does not contain formaldehyde. With this product, you can enjoy frizz-free, smooth, shiny and healthy hair without spending too much money. After the treatment process, you will experience less breakage and damage, plus your hair will stay in place. It can also work with more permanent keratin treatments.
9. Keratin Cure Bio-Brazilian Hair Treatment
The Keratin Cure Bio-Brazilian Hair Treatment does not include formaldehyde so you won’t experience any strong smell during the treatment. This set includes a daily shampoo, daily conditioner, clarifying shampoo and of course the Bio-treatment. Unfortunately, it is a bit expensive compared to the other products, nevertheless, it can be used approximately for 8 treatments and each treatment has a duration of 10 weeks. The daily shampoo and conditioner also smell great. It is made of extremely gentle formula making it safe to use for children who are more than 6 years old.
10. Kerarganic Organic Keratin Treatment Set
The Kerarganic Organic Keratin Treatment Set is comprised of an organic treatment, a pre-treatment shampoo, and surprisingly a post-treatment mask. All of these products smell great! Most users love the deep texture of the hair mask. After the treatment, you can quickly enjoy healthier and smoother hair.
Highly Recommended Equipment For Keratin Treatment
1. Remington D3190A Ceramic Hair Dryer
With this hair dryer, you can get more protection since it contains more micro-conditioners. It can dry your hair quickly with minimal frizz. The tourmaline technology can shield your hair cuticle from over-heating. Its vigorous motor generates constant airflow which is ideal for thick, curly hair. There are different heat and speed settings to choose from.
2. HSI Professional Flat Iron Hair Straightener
This flat iron can straighten, curl and even flip all types of hair. Temperature can be easily adjusted to suit your needs. It is made of ceramic/tourmaline ion plates to make your hair shinier and silkier. Turn your coarse, dull hair into straight, silky hair in an instant. It uses a dual voltage compatible 110v-220v which is perfect in any parts of the world.
How To Do Keratin Treatment At Home
The instructions of keratin treatment products vary. However, here are some of the common steps.
- Step One. Wash your hair with a pre-treatment shampoo.
- Step Two. Dry your hair completely.
- Step Three. Apply the keratin treatment on your hair and make sure that it is evenly distributed.
- Step Four. Let it stay for about thirty minutes or depending on the instructions of the product.
- Step Five. Blow dry your hair.
- Step Six. Iron your hair to make sure that the keratin is impenetrable.
- Step Seven. Wash your hair after a day or depending on the instructions. Be sure to use a keratin treatment shampoo.
Here’s a short video for a DIY keratin treatment:
In doing at home keratin treatment, always follow the instructions accurately. The treatment will remain on your hair for a while so its best to apply a sufficient amount. Afterward, blow dry and iron your hair. In order to obtain effective results, try to abstain from tying your hair or wearing braid hairstyles.